Location: Madison, WI Hybrid Remote
Lost Boys Interactive is a fast growing remote friendly game development studio based in Madison, Wisconsin. We are a top-tier development studio with games developed for companies like PUBG, Gearbox, 2K, Amazon Game Studios, Zenimax Online and Activision/Blizzard.
We have world-class projects, resources, and infrastructure, but our company’s success comes from the talented and passionate people who work together each day to produce great games together.
The Financial Manager will serve as the lead financial person within our company, but will coordinate and work with the financial staff of our parent company to ensure monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting, forecasts and analysis. You will verify monthly statements, oversee cash flow and conduct financial planning and analysis for Lost Boys Interactive.
Your primary role will be to perform financial planning and analysis for the company, ensuring proper cost allocation for internal and external projects, forecasting future income and expenses, and ensuring proper cash flow to cover our needs.
You work with the accounting team at our parent organization to provide timely and accurate GAAP and IFRS compliant monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports. You will also review the taxes prepared by our external tax preparer to ensure that taxes are prepared accurately and properly filed.
You will manage internal staff to ensure that we are properly registered within each state we operate in and that employment taxes and corporate reports.our accounts payable and receivable, working with our payroll provider to ensure our payrolls are accurate and executed properly, job costing our internal projects to compare expenses to projected budgets, creating project and company budget projections, and working with our external accounting firm to review our corporate taxes. You will also manage internal staff working with the states in which we have employees to ensure proper employment taxes amongst other duties.
- Perform our the primary financial planning and analysis duties for the company
- Oversee the accounting staff performing daily accounting and regular closing activities for the company including the preparation and distribution of monthly, quarterly and annual P&L, BS and CF statements.
- Develop and oversee budgets, forecasts, flash reports and track Key Performance Indicators
- Manage Long-term cash flow management
- Review work performed by our external tax preparers
- Support monthly, quarterly, and annual tax filing and government compliance reporting
- Review and Report about the General Ledger and Chart of Accounts
- Provide special analysis, research or support as requested by management
- Review employment tax issues with all states where we have employees
- General finance and accounting duties of required
- Prepare financial reports and activity statements and monitor accounts
- Additional tasking as required
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of general accounting experience
- Demonstrable Knowledge of accounting systems and general accounting practices
- Ability to work collaboratively with external financial professionals
- Strong experience with budgeting, forecasting and reporting
- Ability to see things that need to be done and take them on
- Able to work alone or with the executive team
- The desire to work in a collaborative people-first organization!
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively with all levels
- Must be a motivated self-starter that is able to work independently
- Attention to detail, organized, and committed to daily excellence
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A strong work ethic and high personal integrity
- GAPP and IFRS Accounting Standards Understanding and Experience
You’ll be delighted with our people, our culture, and the amazing games you’ll be working on. Come join our merry band. Apply today and become part of the Lost Boys adventure!
Lost Boys Interactive LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
This position is based in Madison, WI but also allows remote work with some office visits in Madison (Hybrid).