Lead Software Engineer
Lost Boys Interactive is Hiring! If you are looking for a remote home to bring your Lead Engineering skills and experience, look no further. Bring your passion for creating awesome games, and we'll provide an amazing team for you to work with along with a great environment and exciting AAA projects to work on! We also offer a full suite of benefits!
Lost Boys Interactive is a member of the Gearbox Software and Embracer Group family. We are a rapidly growing AAA game studio based in Madison, Wisconsin, with full remote work available from any state in the US. We provide top-tier development for our partners as well as working on our own AAA game projects. We have world-class projects, resources, and infrastructure, but our company’s success comes from the talented and passionate people who work together each day to produce great games together.
Supportive, Collaborative, Safe, Accepting, Respectful, Kind, and Fun are a few words that our employees use to describe their experience at Lost Boys Interactive. Do these words describe the kind of studio you would like to call home? Apply today to start your Lost Boys adventure!
Please note: You must reside in the US and have prior AAA experience to qualify for this role. We are sorry, but Lost Boys Interactive is not able to sponsor visas at this time.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Leads projects involving multiple engineers.
- Enforces Lost Boys Interactive best practice specific behaviors such as code reviews, compliance with coding standards and testing.
- Aligns team structure to facilitate mentoring and training of junior engineers
- Advises and assists in creating and scoping team roadmap
- Advises and assists in creating the technical backlog
- Reviews the backlog with the Producer and other discipline directors to ensure alignment
- Assists engineers to ensure tasks are estimated and implemented
- Participates in feature design and implementation discussions with team members
- Leads technical discussions and ensures the team is knowledgeable in the technical aspects of a feature
- Responsible for feature Architecture and communicating it to other team members
- Authors and delegates production of Tech Briefs and Tech Designs when required
- Responsible for technical decisions on project in accordance with production needs
- Protects Lost Boys Interactive by keeping information confidential
- Installs and configures a working environment following documented procedures where applicable.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- A passion for developing next gen games!
- 5+ years previous work experience in a game programming role
The video game industry, and therefore our business, is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
You will be delighted with our people, our culture, and the amazing games you will be working on. Come join our merry band. Apply today and become part of the Lost Boys adventure!
Lost Boys Interactive LLC is an equal opportunity employer.