Senior Realtime FX Artist - AAA Games
Lost Boys Interactive is Hiring! If you are looking for a fully remote home to bring your Realtime FX skills and experience, look no further. Bring your passion for creating awesome FX, and we'll provide an amazing team for you to work with along with a great environment and exciting AAA projects to work on! We also offer a full suite of benefits!
Lost Boys Interactive is a member of the Gearbox Software and Embracer Group family. We are a rapidly growing AAA game studio based in Madison Wisconsin, with full remote work available from any state in the US. We provide top-tier development for our partners as well as working on our own AAA game projects. We have world-class projects, resources, and infrastructure, but our company’s success comes from the talented and passionate people who work together each day to produce great games together.
Supportive, Collaborative, Safe, Accepting, Respectful, Kind, and Fun, are a few words that our employees use to describe their experience at Lost Boys Interactive. Do these words describe the kind of studio you would like to call home? Apply today to start your Lost Boys adventure!
Please note: You must reside in the US and have prior AAA experience to qualify for this role. We are sorry, but Lost Boys Interactive is not able to sponsor visas at this time.
What you’ll be doing:
- Works closely with the Art Director to keep quality and style consistent across all projects.
- Create FX for characters and environments under art director's supervision.
- Collaborate with team members of other disciplines to meet milestone goals.
- Work closely with production to define deliverables and communicate expectations to the team
- Creating textures for particle usage
- Assists in R&D efforts.
- Assembles, edits, and optimizes FX in UE4, Maya, Popcorn and other custom engines.
- Understanding of memory and performance limitations
- Troubleshoots technical and artistic issues.
What you bring to the Lost Boys Adventure
- At least 3 years experience working in AAA games - 5+ for Senior and above.
- Online portfolio displaying a variety of FX.
- Scripting experience Blueprint or other.
- Experience shipping titles using Unreal Engine Niagara.
- Experience with UE4 Materials
- Strong understanding of video games development in Unreal with exposure to other engines
- Experienced in using Adobe packages Photoshop and After Effects..
- Abilities in a secondary area such as modeling, skinning, animation, or lighting
- Houdini FX experience a plus.
- Can effectively collaborate with game designers and programmers.
- Ability to receive feedback
- Strong cross-functional communications skills; verbal, written and visual.
You’ll be delighted with our people, our culture, and the amazing games you’ll be working on. Come join our merry band. Apply today and become part of the Lost Boys adventure!
Lost Boys Interactive LLC is an equal opportunity employer.