Senior Game Designer
Lost Boys Interactive is Hiring! If you are looking for a fully remote home to bring your Game Design skills and experience, look no further. Bring your passion for creating awesome games, and we'll provide an amazing team for you to work with along with a great environment and exciting AAA projects to work on! We also offer a full suite of benefits!
Lost Boys Interactive is a member of the Gearbox Software and Embracer Group family. We are a rapidly growing AAA game studio based in Madison Wisconsin, with full remote work available from any state in the US. We provide top-tier development for our partners as well as working on our own AAA game projects. We have world-class projects, resources, and infrastructure, but our company’s success comes from the talented and passionate people who work together each day to produce great games together.
Supportive, Collaborative, Safe, Accepting, Respectful, Kind, and Fun are a few words that our employees use to describe their experience at Lost Boys Interactive. Do these words describe the kind of studio you would like to call home? Apply today to start your Lost Boys adventure!
Please note: You must reside in the US and have prior AAA experience to qualify for this role. We are sorry, but Lost Boys Interactive is not able to sponsor visas at this time.
Job Overview: We are looking for a Senior Game Designer with a well-rounded design background in technical design, level layout, and UI design as well as excellent design documentation skills to design, communicate and maintain game systems. Our designers will also be responsible for providing prototypes of systems to quickly prove functionality in early development as well as documentation of those systems and exploring how those systems can be used in other titles being developed at the company.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Design and implement assigned elements of a complete game feature by working in close collaboration with programmers, artists and production
- Act as a technical expert on a small area of the game and ensure clear understanding of the designed system and how other team members use them during implementation
- Contribute to data optimization and validation
- Help test new features and tools before they are used by the rest of the team
- Provide prototypes and documentation of gameplay features
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum 1-3 years in game design, scripting or gameplay programming
- Must have shipped a minimum of 1 title as a designer
- Game systems design
- Curiosity and drive to understand how things work
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Adaptability, autonomy, proactivity
- Structure, attention to detail, efficiency
- Ability to clearly express ideas (spoken and written)
- Ability to understand and communicate in technical language
- User focus
- Programming/scripting experience
- UE4 and Unity experience is a plus
Lost Boys Interactive LLC is an equal opportunity employer.