Lost Boys Interactive is looking for A UI/UX programming pro to join our amazing studio!
Lost Boys Interactive is a member of the Gearbox Software and Embracer Group family. We are a rapidly growing AAA game studio based in Madison Wisconsin, with full remote work available from any state in the US. We provide top-tier development for our partners as well as working on our own AAA game projects. We have world-class projects, resources, and infrastructure, but our company’s success comes from the talented and passionate people who work together each day to produce great games together.
A UI/UX Engineer will be responsible for the implementation of UI features with the supervision of a lead engineer. The engineer will assist in task estimation and implementation of the tasks comprising the feature. The engineer will be communicating with designers, artists, producers, and other engineers in this role.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Develops gameplay features by designing, planning and implementing software solutions.
- Determines the viability of a feature by researching implementation strategies pertaining to the engine or platform (UE4/5, custom engine, etc.).
- Communicates clearly and effectively across the departments that comprise the team (engineering, production, design, and art)
- Identifies and estimates specific tasks to achieve project goals
- Performs tasks as prioritized/assigned by their lead in the estimated time.
- Assists documenting and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, diagrams, code comments and clear code.
- Tests written features to ensure product stability
- Participates in code reviews by peers or leads to ensure knowledge sharing and consistent coding standards.
- Protects Lost Boys Interactive by keeping information confidential.
- Installs and configures a working environment following documented procedures where applicable.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- A Passion for developing user interfaces and supporting systems to convey gameplay information in the most effective manner possible to the player
- 3-5 years previous work experience in a game programming role
- Proficiency in C++ and object-oriented programming
- Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience with game engines such as Unreal Engine 4
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- High interest in and motivation to learn new technologies, languages, engines, algorithms or platform technologies
- Ability to confer with peers and seniors to share and learn knowledge pertaining to architecture, technical implementation, and best practices
- Ability to communicate well and work across departments in a professional manner
You’ll be delighted with our people, our culture, and the amazing games we work on. Come join the Lost Boys adventure and apply today!
Lost Boys Interactive LLC is an equal opportunity employer.