As Creative Director, you will set the overall vision and tone of the game. You become the beacon of knowledge, the game’s (and team’s) champion, the keeper of the blueprint for the overall game experience, overseeing each part of the process and collaborating with all disciplines as well as the client, to bring that vision to life.
You are not alone in this adventure! While the Creative Director is responsible for making the game fun, you will be partnering your superpowers with an Executive Producer who ensures the game keeps on course and gets done, with support above from Studio Directors and Execs. Lost Boys is a family, and nobody gets left behind.
- Communicate the game vision across all of the team’s members and partners
- Help to build a successful team; identify needs, skills, and staff to complete the game at its highest level of quality.
- Work closely with the art, technical, production, and studio stakeholders to create and maintain a powerful vision and formulate key design pillars and features
- Define, create, and iterate on playable prototypes and builds at all phases of a game’s development
- Work with other discipline leads to ensure the features being developed will bring the vision to life.
- Understand genre needs and ensure that the elements developed by the team will contribute to player satisfaction and enjoyment
- Review and modify priorities, timelines, and iterations on the vision, feature list, and technical specifications
- Assess the workload against. production capacity, help plan the work, and set priorities for the game design team and influence plans for the team
- Create best practices and process pipelines for the design team, ensuring work is clearly tasked and distributed, then reviewed regularly with improvements called out to help mentor team members to grow successfully.
- Communicate the project objectives, sprint objectives, strategies, and general information to all team members to give visibility to the advancement of the development of the game and the other crafts
- Actively participate and act as a regular liaison in the decision-making process with management and oversee the necessary adjustments to ensure that the game design team meets expectationsParticipate in the hiring and mentoring of team members
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job,and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Previous experience as a design lead or Director level over one or more AAA games
- Enthusiasm and understanding of action/shooter looter game genre
- Proven ability to drive a cohesive design vision while managing a scope that supports a healthy environment
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills: adaptability, autonomy, proactivity
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability in design and implementation of industry- leading action gameplay and systems
- Leadership and interpersonal skills, and an ability to create excitement in multi- disciplinary teams.
- Process and pipeline skills to bring a game from concept to completion.
- Ability to create and maintain a collaborative environment for new and seasoned developers in a fully remote landscape.
- UE4 and scripting experience is a ++