Character Artist Mid - Senior
Lost Boys Interactive is Hiring! If you are looking for a remote home to bring your AAA Character Art skills and experience, look no further. Bring your passion for creating awesome games, and we'll provide an amazing team for you to work with along with a great environment and exciting AAA projects to work on! We also offer a full suite of benefits!
Lost Boys Interactive is a rapidly growing AAA game studio based in Madison, Wisconsin, and the newest member of the Gearbox Software family, providing top-tier development for our partners as well as working on our own AAA game projects.
Supportive, Collaborative, Safe, Accepting, Respectful, Kind, and Fun are a few words that our employees use to describe their experience at Lost Boys Interactive. Do these words describe the kind of studio you would like to call home? Apply today to start your Lost Boys adventure!
Please note: You must reside in the US and have prior AAA experience to qualify for this role. We are sorry, but Lost Boys Interactive does not sponsor visas at this time.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Works closely with the Art Director to keep quality and style consistent across all projects.
- Create 3D models of characters and weapons under art director's supervision.
- Collaborate with team members of other disciplines to meet milestone goals.
- Work closely with production to define deliverables and communicate expectations to the team
- Assembles, edits, and optimizes highly detailed 3D environments.
- Troubleshoots technical and artistic issues.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- 3- 5 years experience in a AAA Studio Environment
- Online portfolio displaying a variety of 3D AAA work.
- Ability to receive feedback.
- Experience shipping titles using Unreal Engine.
- Strong understanding of video games development in Unreal but is not limited to.
- Understanding of composition and set dressing and how it affects gameplay.
- Hands-on experience with ZBrush and Substance Painter and Quixel Suite.
- Abilities in soft and hard surface modeling.
- Can effectively collaborate with game designers and programmers.
- Strong cross-functional communications skills; verbal, written and visual.
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
- Understanding of lighting in Unreal.
- Understanding of Photogrammetry
- Marvelous Designer experience
Lost Boys Interactive LLC is an equal opportunity employer.