We're currently looking to bring on several Gameplay Engineers with UE4 experience to our team. Bring your passion for creating awesome games, and we'll provide an amazing team for you to work with along with a great environment and exciting projects to work on! We also offer a full suite of benefits!
Lost Boys Interactive is a member of the Gearbox Software and Embracer Group family. We are a rapidly growing AAA game studio based in Madison Wisconsin, with full remote work available from any state in the US. We provide top-tier development for our partners as well as working on our own AAA game projects. We have world-class projects, resources, and infrastructure, but our company’s success comes from the talented and passionate people who work together each day to produce great games together.
Supportive, Collaborative, Safe, Accepting, Respectful, Kind, and Fun are a few words that our employees use to describe their experience at Lost Boys Interactive. Do these words describe the kind of studio you would like to call home? Apply today to start your Lost Boys adventure!
Please note: You must reside in the US and have prior AAA experience to qualify for this role. We are sorry, but Lost Boys Interactive is not able to sponsor visas at this time.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Develops gameplay features by implementing software solutions.
- Communicates clearly and effectively across the departments that comprise the team (engineering, production, design, and art)
- Identifies and estimates specific tasks to achieve project goals
- Performs tasks as prioritized/assigned by their lead in the estimated time.
- Assists documenting and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, diagrams, code comments and clear code.
- Tests written features to ensure product stability
- Iterates and improves stable technology
- Participates in code reviews by peers or leads to ensure knowledge sharing and consistent coding standards.
- Protects Lost Boys Interactive by keeping information confidential.
- Installs and configures a working environment following documented procedures where applicable.
A passion for developing next gen games!
- 3-5 years previous work experience in a game programming role
- Proficiency in C++ and object-oriented programming
- Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience with game engines, specifically Unreal Engine 4 (UE4), is required!
- Ability to visualize 3D domains and solutions
- Good foundation of 3D math concepts and algorithms
- High interest in and motivation to learn new technologies, languages, engines, algorithms or platform technologies
- Ability to confer with peers and seniors to share and learn knowledge pertaining to architecture, technical implementation and best practices.
- Ability to communicate well and work across departments in a professional manner
You’ll be delighted with our people, our culture, and the amazing games you’ll be working on. Come join our merry band. apply today and become part of the adventure!
Lost Boys Interactive LLC is an equal opportunity employer.